Monday 7 January 2013

Selfish

There are but a couple of things in life that get me really, and truly angry. One of those is when people stand too close to the luggage carousel in the airport. I mean, come on. It's not gonna make your bags arrive any faster and if you just stand a foot away, we can all see!

Selfishness, is the other. We all have to live together in one world, don't we? It might be lovely if we could all just care about the things that concern us. My life would be so much easier if my actions only affected me. Unfortunately however, they don't. Pretty much everything I do will have a knock-on effect on someone else, and a lot of the time it's difficult to tell if it's going to be negative or positive:

"Should I break up with him now, or let him carry on thinking we're right for each other?"

"This top is similar to the one Jess has, do you think she'll be flattered or will she think I'm copying her?"

"Do I tell her that her bag's ridden her skirt up and I can see her knickers?"

But every so often comes a situation where it seems so painfully obvious what the right, or wrong thing to do is, that I can't believe something different to that has happened.

If you're moving out of a house soon and the rest of your housemates will still be there, how would you leave it? Would you get the bathroom filthy and throw a party in the living room for your housemates to clean up?

If someone has cleaned your entire house from top to bottom, what would you do? Very carefully tramp mud into every single stair so that same person would have to scrub them clean?

I can't help feeling that life would be so much easier if we all gave and took in the same amounts. The problem is that it's quite difficult to point out when someone's being so painfully selfish.

Oh well, it was one of my New Year's Resolutions to stick around people who actually care about my feelings, I guess this is just encouragement to stick to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment